Sunshine Sadie Mae

Friday, September 18, 2009

School does a girl good





Mom looked in on me yesterday while I was playing in my room and this is what she found much to her surprise. I generally eat and rip up books, yet I was sitting my Elmo chair turning "paper" pages in the book Monsters, Inc., and carefully "reading" studying the pictures. Mom was soo excited she got the camera. Turning pages means I'm learning fine motor skills. I'm starting to take note more and more of my surroundings and how things work. I now say Hi, Hi, along with my yay yay and bye bye, and I grab mom's arm when I want something or hang on the kitchen counter. I'm starting to indicate I want something and learning what communication is all about. I've been struggling for weeks on how to put Mega blocks together, but I'm determined. Mom sits with me and shows me and helps me and sometimes I can do it, but lots of times I just get frustrated and throw them. With lots of patience and persistence I'll learn, just at my own pace.

1 comment:

Jeana said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited for You sades! We miss you and love you so much!