Sunshine Sadie Mae

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tis the Season to be Snotty ... luh..luh






As usual I've been fighting congestion and runny nose, and this morning I woke up fevering and listless, so off to the doctors office we went. The doctor said it looked viral, but my eyes were infected so she was going to only give me eye drops, but then decided to run a CBC and as it turns out my white blood cell count was borderline high with a differential shift, leading to possibly bacterial infection, so I left the office with 2 prescriptions for antibiotics. They also ran a H1N1 (swine flu) nasal swab test. I did not like the bandage on my finger and kept poking inside it and got blood on my other fingers, and mom eventually helped me take it off and clean my hands.

Earlier in the year mom kinda thought everyone was overreacting about H1N1, that it wasn't going to be anything worse than the seasonal flu is. Well, she was wrong. She made the mistake of watching the news today and getting the stats on deaths and risks it is to the young and those with underlying medical conditions such as I have, and she had a full blown panic attack.

The new doctor and PA in training were impressed with my heart murmur. Most doctors are. I have a very musical heart.

After the doctors and the pharmacy mom got medicine down me. I was fevering when I went down for a nap and when she checked on me a couple hours later my clothes were soaking wet in my sweat.

I guess I kind of made the final decision on whether we'd go home to Cache Valley this weekend. We miss the girls soo much, grandpa and Toto too..

It's the last day of the pay period and of course mom isn't going to make her line count.

Mom said she wants to just lock us indoors till spring and pray I don't get really sick. She says we've had too many losses this year.

I woke up from my nap a little more chipper. Enough to trash the apartment again at least and give mom lots of hugs and kisses.

I'm the light of my mom's life.

No comments: